Poppies by Julia Bradbury
General Competition Rules
- Competitions are open to paid up members only.
- Members will compete in either the General or the Advanced competition and will remain in that competition class for the season.
- The club uses the FIAP (2003), PAGB (2004) and CACC (2004) definition of monochrome: A black and white work going from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white (monochrome) category. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category.
- For the Monochrome Print, Colour Print, Monochrome Projected Image and Colour Projected Image competitions, separate competitions will be held for each competition class.
- For all other competitions there will be no split between the General and Advanced classes.
- Competition entries, including those for trophy competitions, must be submitted to the Competition Secretary prior to the competition as described under the specific rules for Prints and Projected Images.
- All entries must have an associated title, author’s name and competition class as described under the specific rules for Prints and Projected Images.
- The capturing of an image and any post capture manipulation, whether digital or otherwise, must be entirely the work of the photographer except where the author has specified processing modifications to a commercial print producer.
- Images created solely by computer are not acceptable.
- The copyright of every element, digital or otherwise, of all pictures entered must reside with the competitor.
- Entries in each of the competitions referred to in paragraph 4 will be marked out of 20 and the judge will nominate a first, second and third award. All entries gaining such awards are eligible for entry into the Pictures of the Year competitions.
- Entries which have gained an award in a competition shall not be entered again in any internal club competition. This is deemed to include any alterations made to a previously shown item.
- No entry may be submitted more than twice in any one competition, except in the case of Trophy competitions, where entries must not have previously been submitted for the same Trophy competition.
- A member cannot enter the same image into both PDI and Print competitions in the same season, unless the image is submitted in mono for one competition, and in colour for the other.
- All competition images must have been taken within 2 years of the start of the season in which it is entered (1st September).
A printer-friendly PDF file of our competition rules is also available.